How do you like your dishwashing liquid? With so many brands out there, how do you pick the ones which will be included in your grocery list? Me, I have a check list:
1. It must produce a lot of bubbles or concentrated. The more bubbles, the more it can clean. It also means that I should be able to wash many dishes by using only a small portion.
3. It should be able to remove grease and dried out food particles easily. The hardest to remove plates and utensils are the food particles which were left to dry. You need to soak them first to be able to clean them properly. But a good dishwashing liquid should be able to solve this problem.
4. It should be easy to rinse. Being able to save in washing dishes will also mean using less water to rinse the
5. It should smell nice. I like my dishes and pots and pans to get rid of the fishy smell (in Filipino: amoy malansa) after washing.
6. It should be affordable. There are so many choices out there and you don’t get to test them all. Eventually, it will all boil down to the most affordable ones that can still deliver their basic purpose despite being offered in lower prices.
Recently, I was introduced to Mighty Mom dishwashing liquid, a product of KOHL Industries (http://kohlindustries.com/). I’ve got a huge bottle to try in lemon scent. The scent is effective in removing the fishy smell. It’s sweet and not that lemony but it makes my whole sink, my dishes, pots and pans all smelling sweet.
The liquid lathers quickly and its tough in removing oil and stubborn dried up rice in between our forks and frying tongs. Cleaning our utensils are important to me because my kids bring their own utensils and I get to wash it only when they bring them home. It takes a little bit more water to rinse but maybe because I’m just paranoid in using too much. It will be useful to dilute Mighty Mom in a separate bottle to make sure that you are using just enough.
There are two other variants of Mighty Mom and I’d like to try them next time : Kalamansi and the Vitamin E infused Soft Skin variant.
The sizes available in the market are below but when I buy one, I buy the biggest one. I get to save a lot when buying in bigger volumes.
- 1 Gallon Lemon
- 1 Gallon Kalamansi
- 250mL Lemon
- 250mL Kalamansi
- 250mL Soft Skin with Vitamin E
Mighty Mom is available in the following grocery outlets:
- Robsinsons Supermarket
- Pioneer Center
- Fisher Supermarket
- San Roque Supermarket
Mighty Mom posts a lot of freebies and promos in their Facebook Page so you should follow it.