I have a can of Jolly fruit cocktail left from last Christmas and so I thought to try this recipe. I had to make it with chocolate graham crackers to make it more appealing to my kids, who won’t refuse anything chocolate. This will be win win for all of us (kids and adults) because it has fruits, it’s a cold dessert, and it’s chocolatey.
My Masflex Saucepan – which I mainly used for this recipe. It’s a stainless steel premium saucepan with lid which is safe to use, durable and will never rust. For Masflex affordable but quality cookware, go to their Facebook page MasflexCookware
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar Blend (if you will be using ordinary sugar, use at least 3/4 cup)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pack all purpose cream
- 4 egg beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 inch butter (melted)
- clear gelatin
- Jolly Fruit Cocktail (drained)
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Mix all ingredients except for the gelatin and fruit cocktail
- After mixing well, simmer the mixture in a saucepan using very low heat.
- When the mixture is thick enough, remove the saucepan from heat.
- Layer the chocolate grahams and the mixture alternately in square dish (12x6)
- Make at least 3 layers and make sure the last layer will be the mixture
- Top with the fruit cocktail
- Prepare the gelatin and pour it over the grahams covering the entire dish.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe!